Tuesday, December 06, 2005

3 times toll

Am thinking of blogging this event last week. We went for a wedding of Azhar's cousin last two weeks at Batu Pahat. Such a tiring journey of 2 1/2 hours, since we just had our Aidilfitri open house the day before, and the next morning having to rush to the wedding without actually finish cleaning up the mess. (Our last guest leaving at 12 midnight, and I was too tired for any dirty work - that was to do the dishwashing and whatnots).

So, we arrived at the kenduri around 1 pm, and straightly headed toward the lunch buffet.


Shortly after devouring the lunch, it was time for the arrival of the groom. Such an exciting experience for onlookers, since the groom was stopped for 3 times for the toll giving, and for each stop, I can see there were more than 10 eager hands waiting for the angpow. Kopak la pengapit pengantin tuh..

Makcik2 tgh tawar menawar Berebut2 ang pow

Nak duduk kerusi pengantin pun kena toll lagi sekali. First, upon entering the house compund, then upon entering the house and finally at the pelamin. This is Johor's culture I think. We dont have such thing during my wedding at Pahang. But I wonder, even during kenduri at Azhar's side at Johor, there was no toll either. So my conclusion will be, the toll giving only applicable at Johor, but only at the bride's side.

Azhar and I were given the privilege to do the 'tepung tawar' on the pengantin. Quite an experience for me since this is my first time having to hold an egg to be kissed by the bride & groom.

Then comes the much-waited event for the kids, which was 'tossing sweets' or baling gula gula. I didnt expect it to come, and to my surprise, they throw coins as well, which I only discovered when the coin hit my forehead. Ow, that hurts. Lucky the coins didnt reach my kid's skin. Neverthless, beside the various sweets, I manage to collect RM 1.40. Not bad eh. (Actually berebut rebut dgn budak2.. haha)

3 comments:

Noral said...

psst.. tak bleh pun masuk airasia mengong tu. apsai hang tak masuk YM?

Iym said...

Yahoo bengong la.. takleh masuk.. tension aku.. nih aku try dari tadi nak book pi bandung asik error je.. pi suruh air asia upgrade server la.. takpun taruk server kat data center tmnet.. haha

Izham Miyake said...

Dulu-dulu masa taiko kawin pun ada benda-benda baling gula2 tuh..

Hmmhh dah dah tentu budak2 ittm je yang banyak berebut. Taiko baling bersungguh sehingga luka dahi aku yang tak seluas dahi taiko kena duit singgit..

dapatla jugak dalam belas2 ringgit masa tuh.. hehe